Tiny forum width
Goto page 1, 2  Next  :||:
Networking/Security Forums -> Comments // Problems etc.

Author: GiroLocation: England PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Tiny forum width
    ----
Hi guys,
The forums look really weired there is a huge gap each side of this page is there any reason for this, it looks really crap.

Author: alt.don PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Hello Giro,

At what resolution are you viewing the forum when this happens?

Thanks,

Don

Author: StormhawkLocation: Warwickshire, England, UK PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I get this problem on some threads (this thread, for instance!)

Viewing at 1280x1024 in Firefox 1.5

Author: neobloodline PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Same here, echo Stormhawk Wink

Author: ryansuttonLocation: San Francisco, California PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Firefox 1.5, 1280 x 1024 screenshot -pic removed-

Last edited by ryansutton on Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Author: GiroLocation: England PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Hi Don, I have a resolution of 1400x1050 (15 inch) some pages are fine but some have more than an inch each side of the content. Here is a screen shot

Author: neobloodline PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Now the same thread works fine with me.. Not sure about the rest.. will update in a bit.

UPDATE :: All threads work fine for me now. Stormhawk and Giro, what about you....

Author: squidlyLocation: Umm.. I dont know.. somewhere PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Now I'm having issues much the same as everyone else. Only on some threads though.

Author: StormhawkLocation: Warwickshire, England, UK PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Yeah, back to normal here.

Normal being horizontal scrolling due to the huge waste of space, uh I mean, WindowSecurity Bar, over to the left.

Author: neobloodline PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject:
    ----
True that.. but its all good... Smile

Author: Crazy PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject:
    ----
using firefox res 1024* 768 Normal after Blockimage ryansutton screenshot

Author: GiroLocation: England PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Still the same width when posting a new reply but not when previewing my post, the programming forum is the same as a few more. I know this is to sort out the horizontal scrolling issue but there has to be a happy medium Question Why not just have the bar at the top of the page? Why keep the left bar, is it the two ads?

Author: StormhawkLocation: Warwickshire, England, UK PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Definite horizontal scrolling on this and many other threads. Those that don't scroll horizontally seem to have the tiny width problem!

Author: GiroLocation: England PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Stormhawk wrote:
Definite horizontal scrolling on this and many other threads

Thats the screen shot halfway up the page.

Author: StormhawkLocation: Warwickshire, England, UK PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Stormhawk wrote:

... and many other threads...

That is, threads that didn't used to have horizontal scrolling,. prior to the SpaceWaster(tm) being installed over yonder left.

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject:
    ----
Well, at least you can tell we've been working on it Smile

The problem appears to be in the viewer's resolution size. Obviously, those viewing at 800x600 are going to see nothing but horizontal scrolling, whereas those at 1280x1024 will rarely see it.

Chris has been racking his brains over this and we think there is not much more that can be done without aborting phpBB and going to a more designable package.

Tom

Networking/Security Forums -> Comments // Problems etc.

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  :||:
Page 1 of 2