msn on mobiles?

Networking/Security Forums -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News

Author: browolf PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: msn on mobiles?
    ----
thinking of getting a new mobile. heard you can get msn on some. is msn limited to certain OSs / networks / phones? do you have to install it?
am in UK. thx

Author: Andrew Terry PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject:
    ----
You should be OK with any Windows Smartphone. I'm using the Orange C600 at the moment, and I'm quite enjoying it. (The biggest P-in-the-A about the C600 is that you have to power the phone off and remove the battery in order to swap the MiniSD cards. Why they didn't make a slot for it I'll never know.... Rolling Eyes ).

There are new Windows Smartphones scheduled for release in the coming months if you can hold off for a bit - they'll blur the lines between phone, PDA and MP3 player even further...

MSN (I take you're talking IM, right?) is pretty good - it's obviously pretty slow typing away on the phone keypad, but it's certainly usable. Mobile Hotmail works pretty well too.

For me though, the biggest plus is the fact I've got my Contacts, my Calendar, my email and my music all in one place - I see people on the train carrying their iPod, their phone and their PDA and feel a bit sorry for them!!

Cheers

Andrew

Author: browolf PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject:
    ----
thx. i've discovered the orange spv c500 myself. these seem to go on ebay for about £70. I havent found any non-orange smartphones atm. I would have though mobile/msn/hotmail would have been more popular....

Networking/Security Forums -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1