"report" option

Networking/Security Forums -> Comments // Problems etc.

Author: graycatLocation: London, UK PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: "report" option
    ----
hey,

there's been quite a few ..... ummmm, iffy (?) post of late. is there scope for slapping a "report post" kinda button in ala some sites? to be honest though I've been hesitant to suggest this as I'm not sure if the site's hit that point yet, but some way of pointing posts out for moderator's review would definately be of use. Smile

Tim.

Author: GroovicusLocation: Centerville, South Dakota PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Someone higher up the food chain will have to answerthat, but until then, just drop one of the staff a quick PM. I'm usually lurking about most of the day, and about 90% of what I do involves the computer, so I am rarely too far away.

Author: graycatLocation: London, UK PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Cheers for that, G. much appreciated Smile

I think it was what happened yesterday that finally tipped me over the edge to request the report option, but you guys are doing really good job at keep it all clean and in order. mucho "good efforts" all round on that front.

Tim.

Author: capiLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Thank you for the suggestion, graycat.

We shall talk about it and will report here with the outcome (whether it's technically feasible and, if so, whether we will be doing it).

In the meantime, and as groovicus suggested, you can always feel free to PM any of the moderators whenever you see a post you are not sure of. I for one am logged on almost all the time during the week days, and in some weekends as well.

Author: AdamVLocation: Leeds, UK PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject:
    ----
<edit> posted at same time!</edit>
One option is that at the bottom of the index page you can see who is online (the big list is who has been on today, the bit at the bottom is 'now').
Spot a mod (in red) and send a pm.

Or get a huge searchlight, slap a black mask of the SFDC logo over the front and shine it into the cloudy sky over Gotham, someone will get the hint!

Author: capiLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject:
    ----
AdamV wrote:
Spot a mod (in red) and send a pm.

The only minor glitch with that is that some of us are in "invisible" mode, and can't be seen on the online list.

That said, I'm thinking maybe I'll switch to normal mode, precisely for the benefit of situations like this one. Dunno...

Author: graycatLocation: London, UK PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject:
    ----
excellent! can i borrow some tape of someone then? this sign's proving tricky to stick to the search light Confused Laughing

in the meantime i'll go with hitting up a mod as and when needed Smile

Tim.

Edit: something like this, Adam?

Author: AdamVLocation: Leeds, UK PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject:
    ----
abso-bloody-lutely!

(I do like a bit of tmesis on a Friday afternoon)

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject:
    ----
graycat wrote:

You call?

Laughing

Author: graycatLocation: London, UK PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject:
    ----
there's gotta be a caption comp in there somewhere too Very Happy lol

Author: AdamVLocation: Leeds, UK PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Don always knew the rubber suit would come in handy in day...

or

Holy bulletinboards, Robin, someone hacked the BatSignal! it looks like "All your searchlights are belong to SFDC!"

Networking/Security Forums -> Comments // Problems etc.

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1