Staying connected to ISP / Dial up disconnection

Networking/Security Forums -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News

Author: tiscali PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 11:01 pm    Post subject: Staying connected to ISP / Dial up disconnection
    ----
I keep getting disconnected from my ISP

Ive tried others and there seems to be no patterns or a trend with a certain ISP just really irregular

My most used ISP is supposed to disconnect me every 2 hours which always seems to happen is there any way I can get around this also ?

Author: ShaolinTigerLocation: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 11:06 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Depending on how heavily used the ISP is and how stable they are you can just get ejected irregularly.

I get disconnected every 2 hours and used to just use the "Re-dial on disconnect" feature in Win2k DUN but this has stopped working.

I now use UltraDialUp from http://www.lyricsoft.com/, it is a fantastic peice of software and never fails me.

I can perma-l33ch from my uber 56k 24/7 Smile

Author: decypherohmLocation: World - Europe - Portugal - Lisbon PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:09 pm    Post subject:
    ----
That happened to me when i got DSL but now it doesnt happen anymore...
do u have that connect for few time?!?!?!? Cool

Author: Jason PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:11 pm    Post subject:
    ----
You may get disconnected due to "Lost-Carrier"'. This usually indicate that the signal between your modem and your ISP is not strong enough. There may be a couple of reasons for this:

1) Use of extension cables to connect your PC to the phone socket. You
should use the original cable that was supplied with your modem.

2) The volume on your phone line is too quiet. Call BT on 150 from your BT handset, and request that BT modify the "GAIN" on the line.

Author: browolf PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 8:33 pm    Post subject:
    ----
i remember when 56k modems were first available. They seemed to be more susceptible to line noise than slower modems. iirc upping the gain improved connection speed as well.

Networking/Security Forums -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1