Broadband

Networking/Security Forums -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News

Author: Shaun2006Location: Newcastle upon Tyne PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Broadband
    ----
Could anyone offer advice ?
I have a 56K Modem, Windows XP and a BT phone line that accepts Broadband - what do I need to do recieve Broadband ?
I have tried to set up but computer reports that it can not find connection ( WAN PPOE ).

Thanks

sHAUN

Author: AdamVLocation: Leeds, UK PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Have you signed up for a Broadband service from someone? You would also need a broadband (DSL) modem or router to connect to this, and a line filter (ADSL filter) so you connect one side to the new DSL modem / router and the other can still be connected to your phone / fax / whatever.

Author: Shaun2006Location: Newcastle upon Tyne PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Broadband
    ----
Thanks Adam.
Yes I have signed up with a provider - but I do not have a broadband modem oe ADSL filter.

Thanks for the advice. I wiil buy the equipmet at the weekend.

Best regards

Shaun

Author: NWPhotog PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Broadband
    ----
Shaun2006 wrote:
Thanks Adam.
Yes I have signed up with a provider - but I do not have a broadband modem oe ADSL filter.

Thanks for the advice. I wiil buy the equipmet at the weekend.

Best regards

Shaun

Hmmm,

That is a bit strange. Both are normally provided by the DSL supplier.

Networking/Security Forums -> Connectivity // Telecommunications // Internet News

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1