What's a web serv runnin?

Networking/Security Forums -> Exploits // System Weaknesses

Author: snootalopeLocation: IA _ USA PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:04 pm    Post subject: What's a web serv runnin?
    ----
Is it possible to querry a web server running IIS 5 to see what patches and what not are installed?
Let me rephrase that, what is the best way to find out the maximum amount of info I can as a public user.. I've been doin most of it so far through a cmd prompt and sniffers..

I googled.. didn't help.. thought I'd ask you guys for any tricks or whatever..

Last edited by snootalope on Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Author: ThePsykoLocation: California PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:06 pm    Post subject:
    ----
hfnetchk will work assuming you have proper rights - downloadable from Microsoft

Author: GiroLocation: England PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject:
    ----
LANguard??

Author: big tomLocation: UK PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject:
    ----
ID Serve will tell you basic information. Look up "profiling techniques" and the like on google aswell.

http://grc.com/files/idserve.exe

Author: ip9 PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Netcraft can be quite handy, it won't exactly give you the patch level but is quite reliable about the os and major version - it doesn't just read the headers - it looks like they use the TCP sequencing and some other tricks, as they also have a stab at the uptime as well as handy info on SSL enabled sites.

It also doubles up as a great search engine for those days when you can only remember half of someones domain name.[/url]

Author: ComSec PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject:
    ----
ip9 wrote:
Netcraft can be quite handy, it won't exactly give you the patch level but is quite reliable about the os and major version - it doesn't just read the headers - it looks like they use the TCP sequencing and some other tricks, as they also have a stab at the uptime as well as handy info on SSL enabled sites.

It also doubles up as a great search engine for those days when you can only remember half of someones domain name.[/url]

netcraft....very good.....but also check this place very Cool

Ad hoc IPTools.........my fav toy, a must for a Bookmark

http://tatumweb.com/iptools.htm

Networking/Security Forums -> Exploits // System Weaknesses

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1