Site Hangs.

Networking/Security Forums -> Comments // Problems etc.

Author: SidLocation: Kansas PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Site Hangs.
    ----
I have noticed that whenever i am navigating the forum that it loads the Windows Security logo and then stops. Down at the bottom of the browser it says that it is waiting for banosoft.isomarketing or something close to that. Has anyone else had any problems?

Im using the latest release of firefox.

Author: AdamVLocation: Leeds, UK PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Using Firefox 1.5.04 but with AdBlock extension so I don't see anything from isoftmarketing any more...

Author: capiLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: You mean you don't do it?
    ----
*cough* *cough*

Code:
127.0.0.1   banman.isoftmarketing.com

Wink

Author: SidLocation: Kansas PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject:
    ----
sad day Laughing

Author: hushLocation: London PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Two questions:

1.What are the bits of information called that load at the bottom left of the screen?- e.g banman.isoftmarketing.com. I would call then URL’s but it is missing the ‘Scheme’ part at the front which would indicate the protocol used.

2.Is there a way of listing all the ‘URL’s’ or what ever they are called that have been used by the browser for a particular page.

If you want me to clarify any points please say as the questions could possibly be construed as nonsense.

hush

Author: capiLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject:
    ----
hush wrote:
1.What are the bits of information called that load at the bottom left of the screen?- e.g banman.isoftmarketing.com. I would call then URL’s but it is missing the ‘Scheme’ part at the front which would indicate the protocol used.

That would be Fully Qualified Domain Name - such as www.example.com Smile

hush wrote:
2.Is there a way of listing all the ‘URL’s’ or what ever they are called that have been used by the browser for a particular page.

Well, that would depend on the particular browser in question. Firefox, for example, has a feature to display a lot of information about the loaded page, which includes all links and embedded media, headers, etc. You can find it in the Tools menu, under the name Page Info.

Author: hushLocation: London PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Cheers capi

That just underlines the superiority of FF. I only moved away from IE a couple of months ago and haven’t looked back since.
SF Rules, Yes WE DO!

Author: capiLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Cheers, glad to be of help, and fully agree on the Firefox thing! Smile

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject:
    ----
It was actually capi's logical arguments in favor of Firefox over IE that convinced me to switch over about this time last year.

I've been glad of it ever since...

Networking/Security Forums -> Comments // Problems etc.

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1