Kodicom 4400R - Diginet 4.11 - Can't open Port

Networking/Security Forums -> General Software

Author: ut_ck PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Kodicom 4400R - Diginet 4.11 - Can't open Port
    ----
Hi, I'm new here, I'm running Windows XP on an Athlon 3700+ (HP Media box). I can run the software all the capture ports are working, I can capture video no problem.

However,

When I start the Diginet Site program, it always complains that it can't open port. I' strictly on a LAN and I can share files with two computers on that LAN. I've allowed internal sharing across my LAN.

Could it be that this software requires a COM port ?

My HP does not have COM ports, will I have to purchase a PCI-Serial card ?

Anyone response from someone who has experienced this problem and resolved it, would be appreciated.

Regards,
CK

Author: GroovicusLocation: Centerville, South Dakota PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject:
    ----
I would be more inclined to guess (and it is just a guess) that it needs another port open. Maybe if you could post the exact error message? I can't see anywhere that specifies a com port.

Author: ut_ck PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject:
    ----
Hi Groovicus,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. The DiginetSite software has a setup button and a search button. Within the setup component, under the System Setup tab, to the right there is a place to set the PTZ (Pan-Tilt-Zoom), the options are COM1 or COM2. There is no unused option for PTZ. This seems to insinuate that it requires a serial COM port. This is what leads me to believe that I may have to get a PCI-serial card for my PC.

Regards and thanks,
CK

Networking/Security Forums -> General Software

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1