receiving 2 emails advising of a topic reply

Networking/Security Forums -> Comments // Problems etc.

Author: xathras PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: receiving 2 emails advising of a topic reply
    ----
Hi guys, just a quick one, on all topics that I have posted and replied to recently, i have been receiving the email twice. The message is dated the same date and time. any ideas

Author: GroovicusLocation: Centerville, South Dakota PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject:
    ----
It is a weird glitch with the board that has been happening for quite some time now. You could always look at it as though we are just trying really hard to make sure our members are notified notified when they receive replies. If one notification is good, two must be better!! Laughing

Author: xathras PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Groovicus wrote:
It is a weird glitch with the board that has been happening for quite some time now. You could always look at it as though we are just trying really hard to make sure our members are notified notified when they receive replies. If one notification is good, two must be better!! Laughing

lol i guess, would save bandwidth and server load though

Author: GroovicusLocation: Centerville, South Dakota PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject:
    ----
So now that we got the new forum software, anybody care to wager why we are still getting double email notifications? Or at least I am, dunno about anybody else....

Author: hushLocation: London PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject:
    ----
Groovicus wrote:
So now that we got the new forum software, anybody care to wager why we are still getting double email notifications?

I did, earlier on today Groovicus.

Is the answer- because it’s a feature, not a bug?

Author: GroovicusLocation: Centerville, South Dakota PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject:
    ----
It must be a feature.. it came along with the upgrade. Laughing

Author: AdamVLocation: Leeds, UK PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject:
    ----
I thought we still had the old software but just the new look and feel?

confuzled?

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject:
    ----
We do have the old software still ... just a new look and feel. The new software is being worked on ... no set date when we can port over to it.

This copy of PHPbbs is so hacked together it is a wonder we can keep it working. If it wasn't for plans to go to a better software, I'd have suggested we trash this and update to the latest version of PHPbbs.

The double emailing is a problem like the total amount of time at this site. It is impossible to fix without breaking something else more important. So we grin while we grit our teeth Smile

Author: GroovicusLocation: Centerville, South Dakota PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Quote:
We do have the old software still ... just a new look and feel.

My bad.

Networking/Security Forums -> Comments // Problems etc.

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1