importing mac to windows

Networking/Security Forums -> Macintosh

Author: GohånLocation: New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: importing mac to windows
    ----
i have a big folder, programmed in a language called 'lasso'. it was done on an apple mac and i am trying to run it in windows on an apache server with sql 5. however the problem i have is that the mac puts a '/' on the front of a path name.

for example: Include('/_code/dataImport.inc');

i believe that windows doesnt recognise this and it needs to be in the format : Include('_code/dataImport.inc');

is there a way of changing the code without going through the whole folder and changing it all? (there is alot of it!)

i have searched the net but cant find anything on this. i also have the same problem with the database because there are fields in it which have the '/' infront of the path name.

any help would be much appeciated. thx.

Author: moondoggie PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject:
    ----
if this is running tiger OS, there is a tool called automator which can script something like that for you.

Author: Sherman HomanLocation: Norwell, MA PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Gohan, did you have any luck with this? moondoggie is right, the Automator will quickly and easily do a find and replace for you. I was also interested if you tried to run Lasso on the windows machine with the forward slash...Let us know!

Networking/Security Forums -> Macintosh

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1