Hard Disk Recovery

Networking/Security Forums -> Hardware // Upgrades

Author: Uncle SamLocation: Lebanon, The Best Place to Be PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Hard Disk Recovery
    ----
my friend has formatted his laptop and he didn't backup his data,
I know many sofwares that can recover lost data/partitions.

I tried many of them, but it doesn't work.
can anyone help me, any good software recommended.

Thanks

Author: Ashraful PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Hard Disk Recovery
    ----
Uncle Sam wrote:

Thanks

If it is formatted, it means everything is gone. Any recovery software wouldn't able to recover lost data if you didn't backup data first.

Author: White ScorpionLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject:
    ----
Quote:
If it is formatted, it means everything is gone. Any recovery software wouldn't able to recover lost data if you didn't backup data first.

That's not entirely true...

If it's quick formatted, then you shouldn't have much problems recovering the data with some programs.

If it's completely formatted, then software recovery won't help you anymore. However, there are techniques with which they move the head a little vs the platter so that it can read the traces of the previous bits on the disk.
Although possible, it's not easy and will cost you a nice amount of money for doing so.
But if you do feel the data is important enough to pay several hundreds of euro's for it, then i would say, contact your nearest data recovery company.

If it's not, then reinstall a new OS and make sure to regulary make backups from now on Wink

Author: majo323Location: Slovakia PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I completely agree on this. In case of quick-formatting try using easy recovery. If you are realy desperate, boot some linux cd and go trhrough the whole partition looking for chunks of data. I managed to recover a lot of perl scripts once just by doing cat //[b][/b]dev[b][/b]/hda|grep -A 4096 /usr/bin/perl > somefile

Author: rafikingLocation: Dubai PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Answer
    ----
yeh it is possable for recovering Ur data.just spend some money to buy cd named a data recovery software in that cd u have to find the lost and found software.If u r using fat32 system then it will work but it u r using the ntfs the u have to use get data back it will work and u can retrieve ur data in 5 simple steps

Author: Julianna Guill PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Re:
    ----
I would suggest using Stellar Phoenix Partition Recovery Software which is really effective and powerful in recovering lost or missing partition. This software is embedded with advanced features like Email Recovery, Disk Cloning, Deep Scan, Drive Status and Raw Recovery from CD and USB drives. The software works with Windows 7.0, Vista, 2003, XP and 2000

Author: mariajones PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:44 am    Post subject:
    ----
Hello sam
I read your problem. You have not back up to your data from laptop.there are many software available to used back up your data. First you will search this software on different search engine. You will definitely get this type application. You should be installed and backup your data...
thanks.......

Last edited by mariajones on Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:04 am; edited 2 times in total

Author: NonapeptideLocation: Scottsdale, Arizona PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Upon being woken up from its three year slumber, this thread now wants BRAINS! BRRRAAAIIINNNSSS!!!

(Okay, so the last post was in July of this year, but still... Smile )

Author: dmonwyanLocation: uk PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject:
    ----
if you try many of them, then there is no any other way to do this.

Author: netmet PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject:
    ----
--Hard Disk Drive Data Recovery--

Author: chrisinbcLocation: Victoria, Canada PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: Hard Disk Recovery
    ----
Ashraful wrote:
Uncle Sam wrote:

Thanks

Formatting does not delete your data. It only deletes the links to the files. There is data recovery software available that can recover formatted. Just do a search on Google on "how to recover data formatted hard drive."

Chris H.

Author: GroovicusLocation: Centerville, South Dakota PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject:
    ----
Um...not exactly. A quick format only removes the file handles. A full reformat will obliterate everything on the disk. Although the data may still be recoverable, it is not going to be recovered via software. If you look through those links provided by Google (or whichever search engine you prefer), you would see that those tools only work after a high-level reformat. In which case yes, you may be able to recover files as long as nothing else has been written.

Author: chrisinbcLocation: Victoria, Canada PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:10 am    Post subject:
    ----
Groovicus wrote:
Um...not exactly. A quick format only removes the file handles. A full reformat will obliterate everything on the disk. Although the data may still be recoverable, it is not going to be recovered via software. If you look through those links provided by Google (or whichever search engine you prefer), you would see that those tools only work after a high-level reformat. In which case yes, you may be able to recover files as long as nothing else has been written.

Thank you for correcting me on this.

Chris H.

Author: allserviceLocation: @your.service PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject:
    ----
Groovicus, a HDD is always high-level formatted with the format command, unless you use special low-level format software like the old Ontrack programs. And since it is a high-level, data can be recovered if it wasn't wipped off or overwritten. Stellar Phoenix does a pretty good job even for full formatted drives, and btw, a quick format "destroys" the 2 file allocation tables (FAT) as well as a full format, the only difference is that a full format performs a read&write test for each sector and puts zeros on the sectors header. A format does not wipe out the data, it can be recovered as a raw disk data, and a software like stellar phoenix can restore a partition based on default allocation size and other few trick from the sleeve.

In the old DOS times we had Unformat commad (MSDOS 6.0+), that was formidable and I would say hilarious to see it working on FAT 16 DOS file sytem, at that time. Unformat used to save the FAT tables at the end of the drive, in a hidden area. Lot of fun, and it worked.

Author: GroovicusLocation: Centerville, South Dakota PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:03 am    Post subject:
    ----
Quote:
unless you use special low-level format software like the old Ontrack programs

Exactly.

Author: PhiBerLocation: Your MBR PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject:
    ----
You will find some very useful information in regards to hard drive recovery at Scott Moulton's site. Do watch the videos. Very Happy

Networking/Security Forums -> Hardware // Upgrades

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1