Need iPOD assisstance

Networking/Security Forums -> Macintosh

Author: gunner42 PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Need iPOD assisstance
    ----
Recently I have formatted my computer and am having some problems restoring the music from my iPod back to the hdd of my laptop. I can enable my iPod in disk mode, but I still cannot get the music to transfer from the pod to the laptop. I am wanting to do this without an additional software. Any thoughts would be good, thanks.

Author: hushLocation: London PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject:
    ----
Have you tried the latest version of itunes?

If you use explorer (mycomputer), plug in you ipod (can be in normal mode). Then open it up

> go to tools
>folder options...
>view tab
>tick the show hidden files and folder box

now you should be able to see the ipod_control folder.

Go down a level and there is a music folder. In this folder are some other folders with you music in- they will however have messed up file names but it should still show you artist and album on the right hand side (if you have details selected under view).

Author: gunner42 PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Third Party soft.
    ----
I was really wanting to do this thing without any additional software,, but I ran out of patients. So I found this (link) for a trial software it works great, minus the fact that every 50 songs you have to tell it to continue. But all of my songs are back and I'm happy. Thanks for the input though.
http://macs.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=macs&cdn=compute&tm=3&f=11&su=p284.21.140.ip_p284.2.420.ip_&tt=2&bt=0&bts=0&zu=http%3A//www.kennettnet.co.uk/software/podutil.php

Author: Sherman HomanLocation: Norwell, MA PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject:
    ----
You discovered that it is sometimes really tricky to get songs off of an iPod on to a computer. There are a bunch of utilities that do it. I found out the hard way after the iTunes 7 upgrade fiasco. Glad you got your music back!

Networking/Security Forums -> Macintosh

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1