Server monitoring software

Networking/Security Forums -> Exchange 2000 // 2003 // 2007 & Active Directory

Author: ryansuttonLocation: San Francisco, California PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Server monitoring software
    ----
I am currently using Dell OpenManage to monitor server events. I am going to stop using OpenManage & am looking for a software that can optimally do most the following:
*monitor Server OS activity and health
*monitor network activity between server & switches
*Can be configured to monitor specific applications on the server

I would like something that will email me notices and produce logs of activity. We are running a Win2003 environment with a mixture of Dell Poweredge servers and HP blades. Most of our networking equipment is Cisco.

I look forward to any recommendations.

Ryan

Author: ryansuttonLocation: San Francisco, California PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject:
    ----
Currently looking at NimBUS' line of monitoring tools. Has anyone had any experience with their product?

http://www.nimsoft.com

Author: graycatLocation: London, UK PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject:
    ----
how'd you get on with your search, ryan? I think we're being taken for a ride by our external company so will be looking at similar software shortly. any advice from the ones you've tried?

Author: ryansuttonLocation: San Francisco, California PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject:
    ----
It depends on your needs, budget and environment size. I've been pretty impressed with Cacti as a graphing and monitoring system. For a large environment I would probably lean towards Solarwinds or Whatsup for their support.

Author: graycatLocation: London, UK PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject:
    ----
ryansutton wrote:
It depends on your needs, budget and environment size. I've been pretty impressed with Cacti as a graphing and monitoring system. For a large environment I would probably lean towards Solarwinds or Whatsup for their support.

+1 for Cacti. I use it with Nagios to monitor my infrastructure and graph the results for trend analysis etc.

Networking/Security Forums -> Exchange 2000 // 2003 // 2007 & Active Directory

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1