Connecting Diginet Site behind a router

Networking/Security Forums -> Physical Security and Social Engineering

Author: mazzel vedderLocation: Indonesia PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Connecting Diginet Site behind a router
    ----
Hi all,

I need to connect a Diginet Site PC at my office from my home. The PC that I need to connected is a part of LAN and it's behind a router. Someone told me to forwarding some port which used by Kodicom. As I know some port that using by Kodicom is between 8080 to 8090. So, I forward that port. But, when I try to connect, it's always fails. (What I connect is router IP, isn't it right?)

Even I do DMZ to Site PC to open all port, but it stilll can't connect. Is there any step what I've missed?

I ever try to connect it from the same LAN and I have no problem.

Please help me to resolve this problem?

Author: bhavukLocation: New Delhi PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject:
    ----
try tunneling through the ports

Author: mazzel vedderLocation: Indonesia PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:35 am    Post subject: Well I'ts done
    ----
Thanks for reply. I'm doing some port forwarding and get a static IP address. Now, it's connected with Diginet Center.

Author: mahrouch PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject:
    ----
hello, i have the same problem for connecting a diginet site behind a router. i used many types of routers but no one worked:huawei, siemens, cnet...
i'm so pressed to do it so please some help

Author: AISGLocation: New York City PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject:
    ----
As long as you have a correct port connection you should be ok. In certain routers you can't have port forwarding and DMZ enabled in the same time. You must disable one of the features. The best is to open DMZ for testing. This will forward any incoming packet (doesn't care which ports) to the selected IP address - you must have the correct software on both sides....
If DMZ creates a security concern, you can than play with the port forwarding - but at least you know the system is functional.....

Moderator note: edited to remove unrelated commercial link - capi

Networking/Security Forums -> Physical Security and Social Engineering

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1