Software for Remote Backup Management

Networking/Security Forums -> General Software

Author: pacmantravis PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Software for Remote Backup Management
    ----
I'm looking for a software that enables remote management (WAN) of multiple backup clients located throughout the city.

Here's the situation. I have around 50 clients or so that I want to offer managed backups for.

Each location has anywhere from 3-30 PC's running Windows XP and at each location I plan on installing either a NAS device or an external hard drive to a PC.

Does anyone here know of any software that would allow me to bring up a "console" on my end that monitors and/or manages the backups of the remote locations? Logging into each machine remotely would be too time consuming.

I want to stay away from VPN's as most of the clients are running XP with consumer grade routers.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Author: moondoggie PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:42 am    Post subject:
    ----
backup exec 11d has a remote admin console, but you'd have to have a clear path through the internet to that remote machine that it's installed on. i've never tried installing it that way so i don't even know if it would work.

Author: pacmantravis PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I've spoken with Symantec and they are looking it seems that Backup Exec System Recovery MIGHT work.

Not too sure yet.

Has anyone heard of any other programs?

Networking/Security Forums -> General Software

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1