cannot uninstall powerdvd

Networking/Security Forums -> General Software

Author: bin PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:48 am    Post subject: cannot uninstall powerdvd
    ----
hello,
i have this installed on my computer but somehow i'm unable to uninstall it..whenever i click uinstall, nothing happens and it's not listed in add/remove programs either. i tried ccleaner but it's not listed there as well.

any help will be appreciated..thank you.

Author: farbarLocation: The Netherlans PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject:
    ----
Hi,

I am not sure if you have already fixed the problem. If not:
*before uninstalling click Cntr+Alt+Del check in the taskmanager if richvideo.exe is running. Highlight and end the process.
*then go to C:\windows\program files\CyberLink\ PowerDvD open the folder and execute the uninstaller from there.

Author: bin PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject:
    ----
i'm sorry but i cant seem to find the uninstaller..what is it named?

Author: farbarLocation: The Netherlans PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject:
    ----
The uninstaller is an .exe file, the name is something like unins*.exe. Have you checked the taskmanager if the richvideo.exe is running?
If the uninstaller is not there any more you have to remove the components (service, folder and registry leftovers) manually. But first see if you find the uninstaller.

Author: bin PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject:
    ----
yes, i did end the richvideo process and tried uinstalling it from the start menu but nothing.
i've also looked for the uninstaller but it's not there.

Author: farbarLocation: The Netherlans PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Then you have to do it manually. I am tide up right now, post you this evening (European time) the instruction.

Author: bin PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject:
    ----
ok..thank you Smile

Author: farbarLocation: The Netherlans PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I am sorry for the delay. You may manually remove the software as follows:

Step 1.
Remove the service. To do that:

Method A.
* End the richvideo.exe by using the taskmanager.
* Go to C:\program files\cyberlink\shared files\double click richvideouninstall.exe if it did not worked try method B.

OR:
Method B.
Open notepad (start-all programs-accessories-notepad). Copy and paste the following bold text into the notepad.

@ECHO OFF
sc config RichVideo start= disabled
sc stop RichVideo
sc delete RichVideo
del richvideo.bat

* Select save in:desktop
* Fill in File name: richvideo.bat
* save as type: All file types (*.*)
* click save
* double-click richvideo.bat on the desktop. If everything goes well the richvideo.bat disappears after removing the service.

Step 2.
Go to C:\program files\cyberlink and remove the folder (:cyberlink).
Step 3.
Open CCleaner-registry-scan for issues- fix issues- save and confirm to fix

Good luck!

Author: farbarLocation: The Netherlans PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Hi bin,

By the above solution I assumed pwerdvd is the only product you have from Cyperlink. If you have more products of Cyberlink let me know before doing the manual removal.

Author: bin PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject:
    ----
hello..thank you so very much for the reply..i've managed to remove it and yes, it's the only program i have.

thank you once again Smile

Author: farbarLocation: The Netherlans PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject:
    ----
You are most welcome.

Networking/Security Forums -> General Software

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1