how to partition in win 2003

Networking/Security Forums -> Windows

Author: happyhacker81 PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: how to partition in win 2003
    ----
hello everybody .. I've one thing want to know .. On my win 2003 server computer, there is two logical drives C & D .. C is system partition .. there are more free space on C .. so now I want to partition drive C ... how can I do?? any software?? please guide to me ..
Thanksyou

Author: AdamVLocation: Leeds, UK PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject:
    ----
how about the perennial favourite Partition Magic? (if it's still around, of course)

Author: sifuLocation: Dallas, TX PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject:
    ----
You can also use GParted, which comes free on a Live Knoppix CD. But please be warned that to read up on it before trying and backup your data. http://gparted.sourceforge.net/

Author: graycatLocation: London, UK PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject:
    ----
+1 for Partition Magic. I've used this many times and have yet to have a machine die. ok, that means the next time I use it something will break but I'm still recommending the product!

I'd be wary about using gparted on a windows primary partition. I'm not a fan of using other OS's to modify a system drive of another but that might just be personal preference. I have tried gparted before and it didn't work out well for me. Fortunately the Knoppix livecd is a good distro and I managed to rectify things but I'll be sticking to Partition Magic in the future for this job.

Author: Mahmoudshoaala PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject:
    ----
you can use Paragon Partition Manager it's working with windows server 2003

get this linkl http://www.paragon-software.com/business/pm-server/requirements.htm

Note: I know the problem is solved but i post just for info.

Networking/Security Forums -> Windows

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1