"Can not find script file J:\ttms325.dll.vbs."

Networking/Security Forums -> Viruses // Worms

Author: borgixx PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: "Can not find script file J:\ttms325.dll.vbs."
    ----
When I double click on the external hard drive, this popup always comes up:
"Can not find script file J:\ttms325.dll.vbs."

But, if I right click on the J drive and then click open, I can open it successfully.
This little pop-up always comes up when I double-click on the J drive and it's bugging me.
I googled a bit and saw that people refer this problem as a worm virus.

And i did what people said how to get rid of it like removing some registry strings that were added by the virus. And now even nod32 doesn't find any threats anymore, but still when i double click on my hard drive it opens in another window. Normally i first went and checked folder options and rechecked the open in same window box. But thats not it, when i double click it it still opens in different window.

If anyibody could please help with some solutions....

Thanks

Author: hostyleLocation: ~/\*\/^\~ PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: "Can not find script file J:\ttms325.dll.vbs."
    ----
borgixx wrote:
When I double click on the external hard drive, this popup always comes up:

did you make a deep scan with all the heuristic options and the virus list updated?

Author: ChadAmbergLocation: Colorado Springs PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject:
    ----
You probably have an entry in your autorun.inf on that external drive for this particular piece of malware.
While the malware is gone, these traces still remain. Just delete the autorun.inf file in the root of that drive.

Author: borgixx PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject:
    ----
ChadAmberg wrote:
You probably have an entry in your autorun.inf on that external drive for this particular piece of malware.
While the malware is gone, these traces still remain. Just delete the autorun.inf file in the root of that drive.

Not true. That was the issue before i cleaned the virus. The autorun file was infected but now it is clean. And yes i tried all the other cleansing methods, and i'm sure i got rid of the worm (virus) or any kind of malwere. I even tried the external disk on my friends computer and it opened it in the same window. Just on my computer it opens it in different window ;(

Networking/Security Forums -> Viruses // Worms

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1