email clinet which will truely block html and img

Networking/Security Forums -> Anonymity // Privacy // Spam

Author: mark02 PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: email clinet which will truely block html and img
    ----
Here's the problem i have with many email clients.. they don't truly block html and images when i disable the feature.
I'm trying to protect myself from emails sent using websites like didtheyreadit.com.
How it works is a person signs up with the website and they can email me through the site. The website modifies the email and includes either an image or a small html script so they know when the email was accessed.
I want to block these scripts from working and these images from loading... i want this website to stop invading my privacy.

Are there email clients which will completely block scripts and images? I've tried thunderbird, outlook, and my gmail online client, all of which didn't block some part of this script. I made a dummy account and my ipaddress was still, somehow, received by the webserver.
Please help Confused

Author: NetworkguyLocation: UK PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject:
    ----
I am pretty sure that Outlook does do this so I would suggest you go back and check your settings.

Networking/Security Forums -> Anonymity // Privacy // Spam

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1