Autorun Worm?

Networking/Security Forums -> Viruses // Worms

Author: teddybear PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Autorun Worm?
    ----
Hello, I did a kaspersky online scan and it says I am infected with an autorun worm, how can I get rid of it?

here is kaspersky report:
===================

KASPERSKY ONLINE SCANNER 7 REPORT
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner 7 version: 7.0.25.0
Program database last update: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 12:16:29
Records in database: 984670

Scan settings
Scan using the following database extended
Scan archives yes
Scan mail databases yes

Scan area My Computer
C:\
D:\

Scan statistics
Files scanned 79518
Threat name 1
Infected objects 1
Suspicious objects 0
Duration of the scan 01:17:41

File name Threat name Threats count
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\autorun.inf Infected: Worm.Win32.AutoRun.dhm 1

The selected area was scanned.

=====================

Thanks in advance. Embarassed

Author: es0teric PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject:
    ----
I may just be oversimplifying matters, but I would try just navigating to that directory and deleting the file.

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\autorun.inf

If it doesn't let you or says it's in use, reboot into safe mode and then give it a try.

I've never used Kaspersky, but I assume it would have an option to clean/quarantine automatically, no?

Author: AdamVLocation: Leeds, UK PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject:
    ----
Reading around recently I've noticed a lot of discussion about false positives on suppsed autorun.inf worms.

Certainly no harm to be had from deleting the offending file. If you're still stuck, go talk to the SMART guys on here who can help diagnose and fix malware issues.

Author: teddybear PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject:
    ----
Oh thanks guys, there isnt an option to delete the file in the online scan thing, but I found out there is a tool to get rid of that Worm, downloaded it and it deleted 2 of them, even tho Kaspersky found only one, its called W32/worm auto run removal or something, I forgot but you shall find it on google Razz

Author: Godsp3edLocation: Universe PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject:
    ----
Just do the following steps :\

1)Open Command Prompt (open Start/Run and type 'cmd' and press 'Enter')

2)now type 'X:' (where X is the drive letter for your partitions)

3)then type 'cd\'

4)now 'del autorun.* /f /q /s'

do this on all partitions by selecting/opening them using step 2 and then following steps 3 and 4...

Networking/Security Forums -> Viruses // Worms

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1