Exchange Mobile Services

Networking/Security Forums -> Exchange 2000 // 2003 // 2007 & Active Directory

Author: graycatLocation: London, UK PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Exchange Mobile Services
    ----
afternoon, all

hopefully someone can help ease my growing sense of insanity with an answer to a simple question - does OMA "appear" automatically on user accounts?

now this might sound strange but whilst we've got a mix of 2000 / 2000 exchange servers, until this week there has only ever been the usual protocols under Exchange Features for the users. Now there's the mobile access info too for those on the 2003 servers. Whilst this is all well and good .... it wasn't there last week and I've had an admin asking for it only to be denied until it was discussed next week. So am I going crazy or is someone playing silly buggers?! :lol)

Author: NetworkguyLocation: UK PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject:
    ----
On 2003, if you have OWA setup then Windows mobile can connect using Mobile Activesync. This I believe is the default setting although you can switch it off. All the user needs to know is their OWA settings.

Dependant on the version of Windows Mobile, it won't be push email but the end user can set up their device to sync every 5 minutes if they want.

Networking/Security Forums -> Exchange 2000 // 2003 // 2007 & Active Directory

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1