Dp you know phishers targeting social networking sites?

Networking/Security Forums -> Spyware // Adware // Trojans Discussion

Author: computek7 PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Dp you know phishers targeting social networking sites?
    ----
Nowadays, phishers have started targeting the social networking sites as the reason is to gain access to the entire network. You may be connected to a friend, and again your friend might be connected to his/her friends, to target the wealthy and healthy contacts, the phishers come in post some anonymous messages, and give some videos to attract and so on to get your access.

Though the social networking sites are trying their level best to protect such kind of incidents, by giving enough security to advise their users. Lets discuss such kind of incidents (may be accidents) that you would have heard off, and how they prevented themselves, lets share our thoughts to protect our friends globally... and provide them awareness of what we know.

Author: shawn RogersLocation: United States PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject:
    ----
You know what.. chekc this out.. i came across this sometime back.. http://www.securityfocus.com/news/7739

Is there safety tips for social networking site.. i am really paranoid about all the information it carries!!

Author: computek7 PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Forgot to mention the social networking safety tips
    ----
Hey Shawn,

Went across this news. Thank you.

I forgot to mention in my post about the safety tips. Here's good list of prevention methods, FTC has given in it's website.

Have a look at it. http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/tech/tec14.shtm

Also you can find the list of organisation that work for online safety.

Networking/Security Forums -> Spyware // Adware // Trojans Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1