Exact Phrase search

Networking/Security Forums -> Comments // Problems etc.

Author: ryansuttonLocation: San Francisco, California PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Exact Phrase search
    ----
Something I have never been able to do is an exact phrase search on this forum; is this feature available?

If I search for "DISK Drive" I get results that have disk and drive in them, but I don't see how to limit my search to just the phrase "disk drive".

I apologize if this question has been asked and answered previously, I did not see anything about it.

Thanks,
Ryan

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject:
    ----
That option should be available since phpBBS's search function is based on standard Boolean Logic.

Will look into the problem and see what's up ... something must be broke Embarassed

Author: ryansuttonLocation: San Francisco, California PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Hello, any luck finding out why this is not working?

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Sorry to have taken so long to get back to you on this.

You are correct in that the exact phrase search does not work. I thought we were running a standard phpBBS search module, but have discovered in my ancient notes a mention from Chris that the module was altered to disallow a vulnerability via the exact search function.

I've been looking for a version of our search function module, but have only come up with updated versions (yes, ours is that old!).

The question is, "Is this worth pulling our programmer away from existing projects to fix this"? I'm leaning toward leaving it as is and placing it on my "minor things to do" list.

Tom

Author: ryansuttonLocation: San Francisco, California PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Ok, thanks for the info!

Networking/Security Forums -> Comments // Problems etc.

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1