Vundo Virus Help

Networking/Security Forums -> Security Related Software

Author: roxygeminiLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Vundo Virus Help
    ----
I tried searching this site, for a link that would help me and couldn't find one. Please excuse me, if this is redundant, but I really need help.
If this isn't allowed I am sorry, feel free to delete, and I will just bring my computer in for fixing. I am at a loss and thought that I would try to ask for help here first though.
I have Trend Micro Internet Security, and when I do a scan, I am coming up with alot of viruses the past few days. It deletes several, except for three Vundo_G viruses. I have no idea how to delete them. I tried a Vundo Fix link, but my Trend said that it was dangerous, so didn't bother.
I tried on recommendation installing a Kaspersky download, but it won't install either. Keeps restarting my computer, then I go through the motions until it says restart computer to install, yet again, and keeps repeating the process.
I am at a loss. I know nothing, and find this very frustrating. If anyone has the knowledge to help me, it would be very much appreciated.'
Thanks so much.
Roxy

Author: ryansuttonLocation: San Francisco, California PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject:
    ----
MBAM removes most variants of Vundo.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Author: roxygeminiLocation: Canada PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I downloaded, and it is scanning right now.
Thank you very much for taking the time to send me the link.
I will let you know if it works!
Either way, thanks though! Smile

Author: kisezr00kLocation: McEwen, TN PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Try Cyberdefender! So far it's worked with any virus problems I've had...

Networking/Security Forums -> Security Related Software

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1