How do I find the user's userids of mysql

Networking/Security Forums -> Databases

Author: marv PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: How do I find the user's userids of mysql
    ----
A client wanted me to create a web store using mysql, php, apache web server, and oscommerce. I have a windows PC, but it can run these. I was told on a forum that to make my life easier, I should go to a site called 'wampserver.com' where a program existed that downloads all of these (except for oscommerce). So I installed that program on my computer, and ran it. The problem is that "PHPMyAdmin" seems to rely on mysql, and its not recognizing the userid and password that I thought I had used for mysql.
So is there any way to get a list of userids (not passwords, just userids) of users registered for a database in mysql?
Also, has anyone heard of wampserver? I am wondering if it is a known product, because there is always a security risk of downloading software and running it based on the advice of some anonymous person on a forum.

Author: GroovicusLocation: Centerville, South Dakota PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:35 am    Post subject:
    ----
It seems sort of weird calling WAMP wampserver since the 'A' portion of the name stands for Apache, which is a web server. Anyway, I have used WAMP and XAMPP for both development and hosting, and they work great. Apache is the most popular open source web hosting package, and according to some websites, actually holds the largest global market share. Theoretically, since it is open source, there are many eyes on the source code which makes it more secure than any closed source solutions. MYSQL and PHP are also open source, and very well regarded.

If you do not have root access to the MYSQL database, then you can not really query any useful information at all. If you forgot the password or usename, you are going to have to uninstall MYSQL and reinstall it. When you set things up, did you add the password to the config.inc.php file? Maybe you should review the documentation here:
http://www.tinkertech.net/tutor/wamp/index.html
And see if you accidentally forgot anything.

Author: capiLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject:
    ----
Groovicus wrote:
MYSQL [is] also open source, and very well regarded.

Very well regarded... hmm, if by MYSQL you mean PostgreSQL Wink

Author: stevenmour PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject: my sql
    ----
If you are using php my admin then on adminpanel you can search any id with just typing in search box, if think this is very easy task

Networking/Security Forums -> Databases

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1