What Linux/Unix Distributions Are You Running?
Goto page Previous  1, 2  :||:
Networking/Security Forums -> UNIX // GNU/Linux

Author: Rawshock PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I've distro hopped sooo much, but I mostly use Ubuntu now (easy to use), have used Debian, Arch (v.customizable), OpenSuse, Knoppix, Fedora, Gentoo ... and others Very Happy

Author: RoboGeekLocation: LeRoy, IL PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Ubuntu sux!

Its bloated, it screws itself up with updates, and it never seems to detect hardware correctly. Its the Vista of the linux world!

By far the best I've used (and I use many!) is Mepis (for desktop system). It runs on anything I've tried it on, have it on all my laptops, and it runs all my VM's on another machine. I'm posting from my main system thats running Mepis 6. It hasn't had any issues, so I haven't upgraded.

I use Helix for forensics work, and data recoveries to some extent. I have a modded Knoppix setup, and a mepis 8 drive that runs the majority of my data recovery stuff.

I use Backtrack for the obvious stuff, and SME server for any servers I sell

Rescue linux and PC Logon Now to edit registries and change lost passwords on systems

IP Cop, ebox, smoothwall and others too

I also have sabayon running on one of my laptops - just for the effects of the compiz cube, and what you can do to customize your desktop. I use it when I give speeches for the 'wow' factor

Networking/Security Forums -> UNIX // GNU/Linux

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  :||:
Page 2 of 2