OS with out virus

Networking/Security Forums -> Viruses // Worms

Author: vinoboblee PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: OS with out virus
    ----
is there any Operating system which cannot be affected by virus. i heard ubuntu is one such OS.

Author: hebaLocation: Cremona (Italy) PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject:
    ----
no, there isn't operative system that it's not affected by virus or malware or rootkit or other.

Every operative system have it's antivirus/antimalware and anti-rootkit.

you use clamav or another antivirus and rkunter or at least rkrootkit on ubuntu, don't you?... Confused

Author: capiLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject:
    ----
heba wrote:
you use clamav or another antivirus and rkunter or at least rkrootkit on ubuntu, don't you?... Confused

No Smile

Author: hebaLocation: Cremona (Italy) PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject:
    ----
capi wrote:
heba wrote:

No Smile

I suspected it...Razz

Author: RoboGeekLocation: LeRoy, IL PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject:
    ----
technically, if you used an embedded OS that could not be modified - you would be pretty safe.

Some people use M$ Steady State and save data on a separate drive. If you do get a virus, rebooting reimages the OS back to the previous state.

Its a pain if you do anything that requires file modification or updates, but if you get a lot of viruses, it may work for you!

btw.. I play with windows viruses on my linux box in a VM and on the native OS - never been infected

Author: hebaLocation: Cremona (Italy) PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject:
    ----
RoboGeek wrote:
technically, if you used an embedded OS that could not be modified - you would be pretty safe.

Some people use M$ Steady State and save data on a separate drive. If you do get a virus, rebooting reimages the OS back to the previous state.

yes, theoretically, but the latest virus attack I see is so: in a harddrive with /home or d:/ (if you prefer) the virus sleep, when the administrator update the system access with root, the virus istall itself in the system and the game is done... Crying or Very sad

RoboGeek wrote:

Its a pain if you do anything that requires file modification or updates, but if you get a lot of viruses, it may work for you!

btw.. I play with windows viruses on my linux box in a VM and on the native OS - never been infected

I love decrypt virus or malware, usually manually. For me is funny, like an hobby... Razz

after I see like run in a windows system or other system with a VM

Networking/Security Forums -> Viruses // Worms

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1