dll problem. pop up warnings

Networking/Security Forums -> Spyware // Adware // Trojans Discussion

Author: mrmartyLocation: Dublin PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: dll problem. pop up warnings
    ----
seem to be getting this warning message everytime a process runs on my windows vista laptop....
Quote:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\fxsapi32.dll is either not designated to run on windows or it contains an error
it has been bugging me for a few days now. tried running spybot and avast anti virus but to no avail and even used the recovery disk but again to no avail. i really need to get rid of this as its quite annoying as you can imagine. any help is greatly appreciated.

Author: hebaLocation: Cremona (Italy) PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject:
    ----
you can try with Quad registry cleaner also ccleaner should delete it.

Author: ryansuttonLocation: San Francisco, California PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Please post a log in our HiJackThis forum so one of our malware experts can help you.

Author: nailzLocation: Boston PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject:
    ----
do you know what the .dll is associated with?

the only time I've seen it was in a malware situation. I would advise you turn off system restore momentarily and reboot in safe mode. Them locate the .dll and rename it. Then delete it. restart system in normal mode and turn system restore back on

Author: mrmartyLocation: Dublin PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject:
    ----
i tried the recommendations this site has given me, i ran spybot, ad-aware, a squared and anti trojan but came up with nothing. i dont know where its coming from i think it is malware but have had no luck with it just yet. im going to post a log in hijackthis and see if that will give me anymore help. thanks for your help though.

Author: jhonas PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Hey it might be a problem of your windows registry files because the dll files belongs to the windows registry.I think may be its corrupted or deleted. You can fix this problem by using registry cleaner software.

Networking/Security Forums -> Spyware // Adware // Trojans Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1