New to Encryption, any help greatly appreciated.

Networking/Security Forums -> Cryptographic Software and Hardware

Author: Stejw67 PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: New to Encryption, any help greatly appreciated.
    ----
Hi all,

as the title says, I'm completely new to encryption, have been given some software, (Credant mobile guardian) and am in the process of hopefully encrypting a couple of laptops. I know I have successfully configured the encryption on the server and on the client. When I click on the resource in the app I can even see a list of all files which are encrypted. My problem is however, I'm not sure how this whole thing is supposed to be behaving. When I browse to any of the files which it lists as encrypted, I can view it, whether logged on as the user, a different user, or non local guest user, with no problems. I guess what I'm asking is, how should an encrypted file now behave in regard to who is logged on, whether the laptop is on the network etc. Apologies if I am being too general but I feel it's a grasp of the fundamentals I need rather than the technical side of things..

I'm a bit Embarassed
posting this Sad

thanks all..

Steven

Networking/Security Forums -> Cryptographic Software and Hardware

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1