What is the programming language to learn these days

Networking/Security Forums -> Programming and More

Author: Quintus123 PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: What is the programming language to learn these days
    ----
I have been looking around and I cant find nothing out there that tells me what is the best language to learn and will be around in ten years to make money or to have a decent job

There is so many but which one must I choose Confused

Author: moondoggie PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject:
    ----
don't count on having a language around for 10 years, just learn the skills to write quality software and you can learn any new language you'll need for the future. it also depends on what kind of programming you want to do which language you should learn, but again, once you know *how* to program, your main concern is following the correct language syntax.

but, if you're a novice, there are a wide array of languages with millions of people using them, it's a matter of preference for most: C, C++, and java are probably the most used and have lots of extensive communities and documentation to help you when you get stuck.

Author: smithdwsn PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject:
    ----
If you are beginner for learning programming language then i will suggest to you C and C++. Because it is basic programming languages. With the help of it, you can learn any advanced language because this is the core language for programming. Its fundamentals are used in any programming language, only change the syntax. If you are not beginner than it is depend on your choice. If you like design then i will suggest to you PHP programming. If you want to Mobile Technology then you can go with J2ME. You can also learn .Net programming language which is widely used in the world.

Moderator note: edited to remove spam signature - capi

Author: p____hLocation: Poland PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Learn programming, not programming language. If you understand how programming works, you will be able to choose any language you want.

If you're a beginner, the best choice could be C++.

Moreover, if you are interested in, which programming language is the most popular, please just look here:
http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html

Author: capiLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:30 am    Post subject:
    ----
p____h wrote:
If you're a beginner, the best choice could be C++.

I disagree... C++ is a very complex language, riddled with needless bureaucracy. It is far too bloated for a low level language, and it is not particularly well designed for a modern high level language. It is inconsistent and not even well standardized. I would definitely not call C++ the best choice for a beginner.

I would recommend Python for learning how to program and for Getting Things Done, and C for technical background.

Please read this thread for more of what I've said on the subject: http://www.security-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=58268

Author: alexdwsn12 PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject:
    ----
As per my opinion, Java is the best option to learn. It is the best language and also it is used worldwide. It has many advantages such as security which is the strongest point of it. Also it provides many nice applications such as applet. It is platform independent and robust language. Also you can create mobile application using it.

Author: debrah.h48 PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Hello,
    ----
C# is growing fast, i bet it has the potential to top java. Its good for web, windows, and zune. Some IDEs you can creat multiplatform applications.
Consider C#.

Author: blackandwhitebg PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Any language.

C# for Windows and Server-Side Development.
PHP for basic server side development,
C++ for professional low level coding,

and some more that will make your work on special tasks easy like
AutoIt for Automation
etc

Author: capiLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject:
    ----
blackandwhitebg wrote:
C++ for professional low level coding,

That is very dependent on how you define "low level coding"...

If you had said C, then I would have agreed 100%. Now C++... that is most definitely not the first language I would think of for low level work (or for most other kinds of work, but that's a separate matter altogether).

Author: izangLocation: Philippines PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:35 am    Post subject:
    ----
If you're asking what are the best programming languages today, I can say that Java, PHP, VB and C++ takes the lead. Since most of the desktop application and web application are made in those languages.

Author: LyricoLocation: Philippines PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I do agree that C++ is not an easy programming language. I am a company programmer and I'm using PHP for web related programs and Visual Basic to make an applications and/or softwares.

You can study or try using different programming language and then choose the language that you think suitable for you.

Author: JamesMorgan PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject:
    ----
My only regret in life is that I wish I had learnt a programming language, my choice of preferance would be php, as I work with websites a lot, and it can be painstaking having to hire a programmer and give my login and everything to a coder to small changes

Author: Madgeki PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject:
    ----
JAVA LANGUAGE AND FLASH...

Author: GroovicusLocation: Centerville, South Dakota PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:28 am    Post subject:
    ----
As was already mentioned, the language is largely irrelevant. I can find the syntax I need for any language in a short time using a search engine. Just know how to program.

Author: capiLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject:
    ----
Groovicus wrote:
As was already mentioned, the language is largely irrelevant. I can find the syntax I need for any language in a short time using a search engine. Just know how to program.

While I do generally agree, I would note that there are some important differences when it comes to programming paradigms, which one should take into account. That is to say, good programming is not a "one size fits all" kind of thing.

To give an example from opposite extremes, it takes quite a different frame of mind to program (well) in a procedural language such as C, as it does to program (well) in a purely functional language such as Haskell, or in a declarative one such as SQL.

And then of course there's Python, which pretty much covers everything you'll ever need Wink

Networking/Security Forums -> Programming and More

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1