Compatible antivirus and anti-malware programs

Networking/Security Forums -> Security Related Software

Author: simbola PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Compatible antivirus and anti-malware programs
    ----
I currently have AVG and Malwarebytes.

The problem is, I still don't have real-time protection against malware and rogue antispyware programs (which I have had trouble with in the past).

I was thinking about adding Superantispyware or Spybot: S@D, but Superantispyware doesn't offer real-time protection and I hear that Spybot is outdated...

So any tips?

Author: operat0r2 PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I think AV for the end user is dead ... you just need to run a LUA or a non administrator... no need for AV at the end user level.. if you need to install software / hardware just login as administrator and do what ever you need . You can also use the runas /savecred to run apps as a administrator user automatically. Alternitivly you can just run Firefox ( or god forbid IE ) with the DropMyRights.exe provided my I think M$ so at least the browser is no running as administrator. Hit me up if you need help setting it up

Author: optimist_oouLocation: lagos, lekki PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:55 am    Post subject: hi
    ----
operat0r2 wrote:
I think AV for the end user is dead ... you just need to run a LUA or a non administrator... no need for AV at the end user level.. if you need to install software / hardware just login as administrator and do what ever you need . You can also use the runas /savecred to run apps as a administrator user automatically. Alternitivly you can just run Firefox ( or god forbid IE ) with the DropMyRights.exe provided my I think M$ so at least the browser is no running as administrator. Hit me up if you need help setting it up

i need to know how to install or setup or getting the software if there is any for this LUA or NON ADMINISTRATOR stuff. am new in IT

thanks

Author: evlLocation: Best PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: A good virus scanner does it all.
    ----
A good virus scanner also checks for malware, Trojan horses, etc…

That is why I use Eset NOD32 in the Office and Eset Smart Security at home. Eset Antivirus gives me real-time protection against viruses, Trojan horses, Adware, root kits, etc..

It does not only protect system memory and local and remote disks, it also real-time protects all browser-and e-mail traffic.

It is not wise to not install a good virus scanner on all your systems. When a computer, without a virus scanner, gets infected it will spread viruses all over your network.

I advise you not to install all kinds of anti spyware programs. Many of those programs are spyware. It will take you a lot of time to administer those applications. They might interfere with your virus scanner.

A good virus scanner gives you all the real-time protection you need.

Networking/Security Forums -> Security Related Software

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1