DVD drive is not working properly.

Networking/Security Forums -> Hardware // Upgrades

Author: alexasmithLocation: Delhi PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: DVD drive is not working properly.
    ----
Hi !My DVD writer is not working properly....what is problem plz suggest me ... Thanks

Author: GroovicusLocation: Centerville, South Dakota PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject:
    ----
What do you mean "It is not working properly"? Does the door not open? Does it spin so fast that the DVD shatters and throws fragments around your room?

Author: capiLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Groovicus wrote:
Does the door not open? Does it spin so fast that the DVD shatters and throws fragments around your room?

That actually happened to me... except the fragments didn't make it past the DVD door. It was just a sudden loud bang out of the blue, and then nothing (a very loud bang, considering my head was right next to the drive at the time).

Author: GroovicusLocation: Centerville, South Dakota PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:54 am    Post subject:
    ----
lol Capi. If that had happened to me, I think I would have shat tacks.

Author: capiLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject:
    ----
My heart nearly came out through my mouth! Laughing

I took out the drive and opened it up, for curiosity... tiny scattered pieces of CD plastic *everywhere*. The actual metallic coating where the data is stored had peeled off in places, leaving a nice christmas-y effect.

Needless to say, the drive was basically scrap after that.

Author: tubmanaxton PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Working inside your computer's case requires caution. PCs are still limited by such ancient, 20th-century design constraints as IRQs and I/O addresses. And manufacturers are still treating PC users as unwitting beta testers for products they prematurely rush to store shelves. If you botch an installation because you overlook one of these factors, it can take many days and many dollars to fix.

Networking/Security Forums -> Hardware // Upgrades

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1