New ads

Networking/Security Forums -> Comments // Problems etc.

Author: ryansuttonLocation: San Francisco, California PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: New ads
    ----
I don't complain often but the new ad that comes down and invades a quarter of the screen sucks. I don't mind non-intrusive ads but this is pushing it.

Author: GroovicusLocation: Centerville, South Dakota PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject:
    ----
I'm not seeing it. Ad-block is available for IE and Firefox.

Author: capiLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Groovicus wrote:
I'm not seeing it. Ad-block is available for IE and Firefox.

Same here -- although of course we are not in any way recommending that you take measures to avoid viewing our site's wonderful ads lol.

Seriously though. I tried disabling Adblock to see the ads but for some reason I was unable to see the ad you describe. All I see is a rather annoying animated ad that can't be right-clicked on, below the WindowSecurity logo, and a couple of square banners on the left hand side menu.

Author: ryansuttonLocation: San Francisco, California PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Please see screenshot. I use Google Chrome and I don't know if there is an add-on that will fix this for me. As you can see - when the ad is activated VIA mouse over - it obstructs a good portion of the page and I have to click somewhere on the background to make it go away. As I go between tabs frequently, my mouse is constantly activating this ad and thus is constantly a source of annoyance.

Author: luzagodom PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I'm not seeing it. block is available for lot of browswer.

Author: AdamVLocation: Leeds, UK PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject:
    ----
You're using Chrome and seeing ads for Internet Explorer? Targetted perhaps? Let's hope not!

I also only see a one inch high rectangular banner ad and a couple at the left, nothing that changes on a rollover.

Author: capiLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject:
    ----
Since my initial reply above, I too have experienced the ad ryansutton is complaining about. It was on a different machine than mine, and I unfortunately don't remember the specifics. I believe it was on a friend's laptop, running either a vanilla installation of Firefox without AdBlock, or Internet Explorer.

Author: ryansuttonLocation: San Francisco, California PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject:
    ----
I haven't seen it pop up in a few days. Previously I was seeing every time I would visit. SF Rules, Yes WE DO!

Author: hiyatranLocation: Canada PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:57 am    Post subject:
    ----
That's strange. I'm using IE and I'm not seeing the ads which is good for me.

Networking/Security Forums -> Comments // Problems etc.

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1