How to access USB Pen Drive through PS2 Port ?

Networking/Security Forums -> Hardware // Upgrades

Author: alexasmithLocation: Delhi PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: How to access USB Pen Drive through PS2 Port ?
    ----
Hi,

I have a USB Pen Drive, but my USB port is blocked. Need to store data in the Pen Drive. So, if I connect the USB Pen Drive to the PS2 port using a PS2-USB adaptor , shall i be able to store data in the pen drive ??
Thanks

Author: GroovicusLocation: Centerville, South Dakota PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Your USB port is blocked? How?

Author: njanLocation: Scotland, UK PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: How to access USB Pen Drive through PS2 Port ?
    ----
alexasmith wrote:
So, if I connect the USB Pen Drive to the PS2 port using a PS2-USB adaptor , shall i be able to store data in the pen drive ??
Thanks

No. An adapter with the right connections on each end doth not interoperability make.

This works with HID devices (ie. keyboards and mice) because they can generally talk both USB and PS/2 and detect what sort of port they're plugged into.

Plugging any other USB device into a similar adapter and attaching this to your PC won't work, and may result in less desirable results...

Networking/Security Forums -> Hardware // Upgrades

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1