Protection against ddos attacks.

Networking/Security Forums -> General Security Discussion

Author: Wigglestix PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Protection against ddos attacks.
    ----
Hi ...this is my first post on this forum so correct me if im posting the wrong area.

I am wondering if there is a way to make my home internet connection safe from people out there trying to ddos my home ip adress.

I have been evperiencing alot of threats especially over xbox live to host boot me out of games by siffing my ip adress with something like wireshark and overloading my connection which not only gets my disconnected from xbox live but also interferes with the multiple other computers and gaming consoles in my house.

As you can imagine his can be verry annoying and it would be verry nice if i could simply tell to go ahead and try to interfere with my connection and not have to worry about losing my connection to xbox live.

Thanks in advance, kristian

Author: rvdwestenLocation: Breda, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject:
    ----
It is very hard, if not impossible, to block incoming packets. If they are sending loads of packets to your IP there is no way to block them.

Your ISP however is able to do this, but then again, its difficult.

Author: manoj9372 PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: hey
    ----
just you can just use a free ssl encrypted private vpn like open vpn,it can offer much protection against your problems..

try that and post your feed-back....

Networking/Security Forums -> General Security Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1