Network Security Certificates Path

Networking/Security Forums -> General Chat

Author: jevans85 PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:13 am    Post subject: Network Security Certificates Path
    ----
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to get everyone’s opinion on security certificates. I'm currently a hardware/software tech but getting training and experience with our networking guys and hopefully can get on with them when a position opens up. I want to get into network security but not sure the way to go. I wanted to start off by getting some security certs but not sure which ones are the best and if I should get them in any particular order? I was thinking along the lines of starting with my network +, then security +, then I guess CISSP???? Any other ideas???

Thanks for the help

Justin

Author: DHay13Location: Pittsburgh, PA PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:33 am    Post subject:
    ----
CompTIA recently announced a new certification expiration plan. If you earn a CompTIA certification prior to Jan 1st, 2011, then the certification is permanent. After that they will expire after 3 years. For this reason I would get the first two done ASAP (I'm taking the N+ August 12th). The CISSP requires a minimum number of years experience in the security field (I believe it's 3 years), so this certification will have to wait.

Author: Siddique PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I did a certificate course in java n j2ee from IT industry, as a Security Professional at Singapore for the...(software/basic networking) front but my formal degree the right decision, right career path after consulting with

Networking/Security Forums -> General Chat

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1