What is MC encryption.

Networking/Security Forums -> Cryptographic Theory and Cryptanalysis - Internal and Transmission Security

Author: venus PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: What is MC encryption.
    ----
What is MC encryption.

Author: Fire AntLocation: London PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Venus,

As someone who works in the Cryptography space, I have to say I have never heard of it. Can you give us some any more information? Such as where you heard this term? Any context would help.

Thanks,

Fire Ant

Author: venus PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject:
    ----
in this post.

http://www.mail-archive.com/metacard@lists.best.com/msg03403.html

Author: Fire AntLocation: London PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Venus,

I suspect that MC is MetaCard http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MetaCard and not an actual encryption algorithm.

Fire Ant

Author: venus PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject:
    ----
i even heard something like MC' . i mean an single quote after MC

Author: Fire AntLocation: London PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Venus,

Your last post makes no sense to me. Can I ask why you want to know what MC encryption is?

Fire Ant

Author: venus PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject:
    ----
Thers this word MC' encryption here..

http://www.scribd.com/doc/9766103/Image-Encryption

Author: Fire AntLocation: London PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject:
    ----
Venus,

Again, can I ask why you want to know? You have pointed me at two links with no context what so ever.

Again, if you read the text MC = Main Case

Quote:
The nibble value is fixed by the interval [0, 15], so that we conclude that we have 16 levels of a priority, each one represents one main case (MC) out of 16.

MC doesn't mean any specific is both your cases.

Fire Ant

Author: venus PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject:
    ----
you mean i should wrote something like MC 9 or MC 14 ???
is it really an algorithm??

Author: capiLocation: Portugal PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject:
    ----
The "MC" mentioned in the paper you linked is not an encryption algorithm. As Fire Ant said, it is simply a name for a specific value used in the calculation of the broader algorithm they're describing.

In this paper, MC stands for Main Case; it is just a name to describe the 16 possible values which can exist in a nibble (half a byte). They describe a formula through which they calculate the Main Case, from the original byte color. The MC is simply an auxiliary result of an auxiliary function used within a more complex steganography algorithm. It's just a name for a value; they could have called it Banana Airplane or Pink Elephant.

As for the MC' and MC₁, MC₂ and so on... this is simply standard mathematical notation. The subscript numbers indicate an index or different instances of the variable for different cases; if you read page 225, they define MC and the notation they use with it. As for the single quote, again that's standard notation to mean an alternative value of a variable (e.g. where h is my height and h' is yours).

Networking/Security Forums -> Cryptographic Theory and Cryptanalysis - Internal and Transmission Security

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1