How do I find someone's address from their bank details?

Networking/Security Forums -> Physical Security and Social Engineering

Author: mikesmith1007Location: GB PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: How do I find someone's address from their bank details?
    ----
Like an idiot I sent someone I met over a forum quite a lot of money for a job lot of iPhones. I deposited the cash in to their bank account, a Halifax account. As you can imagine I am not very happy at the moment. I do not want to go to the police as they are a waste of space. I would like to pay this person a visit and get the money back of them myself. I have their name, their bank details (account no and sort code), their email address, and their mobile phone number. How would I go about finding their home address? Is it possible? Does anyone work in a Halifax bank and maybe I can slip them some money to get that info for me? If not, was worth a try.

Author: Fire AntLocation: London PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Mike,

I hate to break the bad news to you but not only have you just lost your money but you are asking if anyone is willing commit a criminal offense on your behalf. Its is both illegal for a bank worker to acquire that information for you and for you to ask them to do so.

Your options are:

1 - Go to the police
2 - Speak to your bank and see if they can withhold or stop the payment due to fraud
3 - Use some open source tools like 192.com or something similar to find the person

Fire Ant

Author: wikecamera PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject:
    ----
Sorry to hear that, In my opinion, Going the police is your best choice, Despite their slow speed handling, but they know more than you.

Networking/Security Forums -> Physical Security and Social Engineering

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1