Need help Compaq comes with a trojan virus as factory.

Networking/Security Forums -> Spyware // Adware // Trojans Discussion

Author: wayne1987 PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Need help Compaq comes with a trojan virus as factory.
    ----
Task-Compaq Connetions Agent-Status-Running

Processes

BackWeb-194057...=Trojan-Agent

Why does my computer come factory with a virus?

I'll set some logs Does DDS and GRMER sound good?

I'm looking for a combo fix if anybody is up to it.

Thank you,
Wayne

Author: stevenmour PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Need help Compaq comes with a trojan virus as factory.
    ----
Just restore you Laptop or install new window to get out of this problem

Author: wayne1987 PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help Compaq comes with a trojan virus as factory.
    ----
stevenmour wrote:
Just restore you Laptop or install new window to get out of this problem

This isn't helping i haven't got the money for a new OS and my computer doesn't support anything but, XP.

Thanks for nothing, I'll get help else where. Mad

Author: Sgt_BLocation: Chicago, IL US PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Yeah certainly not the most helpful response I agree. But you shouldn't have to purchase a new OS to reinstall Windows. The system you purchased likely has a restore disk and you can use that to move forward.

However before you head out, I'd go over to the HijackThis Logs // Malware Removal area of this forum. Check out the sticky posts and go from there. They'll be able to help you get this thing out of your system.

Also from the minimal research I did, it appears that the process you mention is associated with an auto-update feature and isn't necessarily a trojan. Could be wrong though so I'd head over to the link I posted and go from there.

Networking/Security Forums -> Spyware // Adware // Trojans Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1