Windows Freezing

Networking/Security Forums -> Beginners // Misc. Computer Questions

Author: MifuneKinski PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Windows Freezing
    ----
Hello,

I'm having a problem and any advice or insight would be appreciated. I recently bought a 2 TB hardrive for storage and installed it on my windows XP Home computer. I installed it and had it formatted no problem, I even completed backing up all my files to the new drive. Now however, when I start XP it gets to the loading screen with the blue bar and hangs or freezes at the same place nearly every time. I say nearly every time because randomly it will finish loading sometimes, probably 1/20.

When I attempt to open the computer in safe mode it freezes at the sys.mup screen. To find out the problem I tried starting the computer with each of my sticks of ram individually to see if that was the problem, and it wasn't, and then I tried unplugging the new harddrive from the mobo. With only the main drive on, the computer started fine, with no problems. When i replugged the secondary harddive windows hangs again. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Chris

Author: Maqltiti PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Hi
    ----
what kind of windows is installed on your pc?

Author: MifuneKinski PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject:
    ----
Windows XP Home

Author: MifuneKinski PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject:
    ----
Hmm... so

It seems it could be a bios mobo problem, a physical damage problem or a windows xp home problem.

Anyone have any thoughts or able to narrow this down?

Author: ryansuttonLocation: San Francisco, California PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject:
    ----
Is this a SATA drive?

Author: MifuneKinski PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:57 am    Post subject:
    ----
Yes it is, internal

Author: Maqltiti PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject:
    ----
HI!

hmmm.. i also thinks its with the motherboard...

Author: ryansuttonLocation: San Francisco, California PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I would update your SATA controller drivers first. Have you tried that?

Author: georgec PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject:
    ----
I would check for any latest version of BIOS and then go for the latest device drivers, if any!

Author: Allnsmth PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject:
    ----
Hi,
I want to suggest you .....check your system hardware it may be problem in your mother boards. Otherwise In your system RAM stick...!

Networking/Security Forums -> Beginners // Misc. Computer Questions

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1