log on locally

Networking/Security Forums -> Windows

Author: JARVESLocation: cebu PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: log on locally
    ----
Hi!

Which would take precedence? Logon locally or deny logon locally. I am a member of a group that I included in deny logon locally but I also added my own login to logon locally. Will I still be able to logon locally to my machine? How do I deny everyone except me from logging in locally to my machine?

Thanks!

Author: DHay13Location: Pittsburgh, PA PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject:
    ----
IIRC deny always takes precedence over allow in any Windows situation.

Author: JARVESLocation: cebu PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject:
    ----
So basically your saying that if I belong to a group that I denied to logon locally then I would get denied even if I allow myself to logon locally?

Author: PhiBerLocation: Your MBR PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject:
    ----
JARVES wrote:
So basically your saying that if I belong to a group that I denied to logon locally then I would get denied even if I allow myself to logon locally?

Correct! The least permissive permissions always take precedence.

Author: georgec PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject:
    ----
You can set the deny everyone except yourself from the Local Group Policy Editor of your machine. go to Security Settings, Local Policies, and then click User Rights Assignment.

Networking/Security Forums -> Windows

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1