I need your help

Networking/Security Forums -> Firewalls // Intrusion Detection - External Security

Author: lmpiLocation: Bulgaria PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: I need your help
    ----
I have serious reasons to suspect that my pc is accessed by 3th party people . How can i view if someone had or has access to my pc. Any suggestion will be helpful. I am connected to internet via LAN.

Author: georgec PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Use the netstat command such as, the netstat -b option displays the executables responsible for every connection. What is your operating system?

Author: maggiethomas PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Yeah georgec you are right using the netstat command will help lmpi alot.

Cheers!!

Author: Burzum PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: I need your help
    ----
Whilst the above replies are good it wasn't what the Author asked for.

Note in quote

lmpi wrote:
I have serious reasons to suspect that my pc is accessed by 3th party people . How can i view if someone had or has access to my pc. Any suggestion will be helpful. I am connected to internet via LAN.

"Had" meaning to view traces of them entering. Netstat doesn't log but provides a list of active live sessions.

I would adivse you configure Windows firewall to log network activity.

Control Panel/ System and Security/ Windows Firewall/ Advanced Settings/ Action/ Properties

Choose the above tabs that represent your current network (i.e. "Domain, Private, Public") Then click on "Logging" and in the drop down menus choose "Yes" for both "Log droped packets" and "Log successful connections" and in your case this should be the important option.

As illustrated
[/b]

Now that was my reply, my question is:

Why do you suspect something like this Impi?

Networking/Security Forums -> Firewalls // Intrusion Detection - External Security

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1