Windows 08 R2 folder redirection

Networking/Security Forums -> Windows

Author: duster PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Windows 08 R2 folder redirection
    ----
Im having this issue with folder redirection on windows 08 R2. whenever the user logs in the desktop/mydocs/favorites files gets redirected to a network share however when user is not on the network any files thats added to those locations never gets sync back to the server. Ive tried with windows 7 SP1, Windows 7, Windows vista sp2. so im suspecting it has to do with the server configuration. I have the exact same setup on windows 2008 and it works fine but on 2008 R2 im experience that issue. any ideas?

Author: ryansuttonLocation: San Francisco, California PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Are you using DFS?

Author: duster PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject:
    ----
ryansutton wrote:
Are you using DFS?

No but i found the fix i was looking for. its was actually a permission issue. the settings must be a bit different from 08.

Author: ryansuttonLocation: San Francisco, California PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject:
    ----
duster wrote:
ryansutton wrote:
Are you using DFS?

No but i found the fix i was looking for. its was actually a permission issue. the settings must be a bit different from 08.

Yeah permissions need to be perfect on the root share. Most of servers are win2kr2 and we have had a lot of problems with permissions/redirection.

Networking/Security Forums -> Windows

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1