ide drive caddy

Networking/Security Forums -> Hardware // Upgrades

Author: cardiniaconsulting PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:33 am    Post subject: ide drive caddy
    ----
I have a 3.5" ide hard disk swapable drive caddy, only problem is that no hard disks are recognised by any PC I put it in, I have tried several PCs & hard disks. Does this caddy need any special drivers to load first?
Regards.

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Are you talking about the slide out drive trays? I used to use those a few years ago and never needed any drivers. You may want to closely inspect your ribbon cable between the drive and tray, that sounds like the most likely reason for it not working.

Author: cardiniaconsulting PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: IDE drive caddy
    ----
You are not going to believe this, a friend suggested a good look at the caddy, & screwed to the base was a flat key. So put the key in, lock the drive and all works. Now I feel foolish, just goes to show a good look first can solve many problems, not a word was mentioned in the instructions.
Thanks again.

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject:
    ----
AH! Boy do I remember those keys... I had 4 caddys and 4 seperate keys to 'em. Took me longer to find the right key than it did to swap caddies.

Glad it was something so simple. It happens to all of us once or twice in our lives... like forgetting to remove the plastic strip over the batteries and wondering why the device doesn't work? Laughing

Networking/Security Forums -> Hardware // Upgrades

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1