Windows 7 - "All Programs"

Networking/Security Forums -> General Chat

Author: CarMol PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Windows 7 - "All Programs"
    ----
I'm posting this here because I didn't know where else to post. Hopefully someone can help me. In windows 7, 64 bit - on the bottom left...where you access "All Programs"...I was looking for a folder called "kitties"..so I typed "kitties" in "Search Programs and Files" and the folder name appeared. I clicked on Properties to see where the file was located...I went to the location, but the folder wasn't there. So I went back to "All Programs" and typed in the name "kitties" again...and this time, I right-clicked "Open With" in the "kitties" folder and I picked Adobe. Now every single program, file, folder, etc. in my "All Programs" has the Adobe Icon. And when I click on anything in there, it won't open because it's set to open with Adobe? How do I get it back to normal again...where my WORD program shows the WORD logo...or Power Point shows the Power Point logo. I can't believe I did this. Thanks everyone.

Author: CarMol PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Problem Solved
    ----
Never mind everyone. When I calmed down and could think clearly, I remembered "System Restore." All is normal again. Thanks Smile

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject:
    ----
The value of making restore points ... Smile

This has happened to me in various forms throughout the years. I have to admit that system restore is the fastest, safest way of fixing this problem.

Networking/Security Forums -> General Chat

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1