Was I hacked?

Networking/Security Forums -> Spyware // Adware // Trojans Discussion

Author: Dizzo PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Was I hacked?
    ----
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, mods feel free to move if it is.

I tried to log onto my rsvp account[online dating] and it said password was wrong. Tried twice more and then it locked it.

Then tried to log on to hotmail, same thing password invalid.

However, 10mins later hotmail worked through msn, and then noticed the rsvp had sent me an email that I had tried 3x to get into it with wrong password.

Unlocked rsvp through the email link, and yep then I can log into rsvp again.

So, was I hacked and then whoever it was changed the passwords back within 10mins?

Or is there another possible explanation?

This all happened a while ago, back in early december. Have since changed passwords for these sites and not had a problem.

However, is there some way to tell if I had a co incidecne and mistyped the passwords or if I can tell if I've been hacked/keylogged or what have you? eg someone suggested checking for anti rootkits?

Author: Mongrel PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Hello Dizzo,

Since this was some time ago and the situation is resolved, it looks like Operator Error in some for or another.

IMHO if you were hacked you would be seing some negative activity.

Plus, considering this is an issue so innocuous as a hotmail issue (ps. a banking or other financial account) I would say you are in no danger.

Just keep your eyes open for things that seem out of order.

Best to you and Happy New Year,
Mongrel

Networking/Security Forums -> Spyware // Adware // Trojans Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1