Addition of Watched Topics in profile modification

Networking/Security Forums -> News // Columns // Articles

Author: ShaolinTigerLocation: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 11:47 pm    Post subject: Addition of Watched Topics in profile modification
    ----
As I've had many requests for something like this I've finally found something and added it to the site.

If you go to your profile page:

http://www.security-forums.com/forum/profile.php?mode=editprofile

You will now see a list of the topics you are watching (ticked "Notify me when a reply is posted" at the bottom).

You can stop watching topics using this feature and generally keep an eye on the topics you are watching.

I hope all the people that requested it are happy!

Cheers

ST

Author: RottzLocation: East Coast, USA PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:19 am    Post subject:
    ----
This is great ST, I'm sure alot of users will appreciate it. Very Happy

I use to "watch" any topic I posted it, but then realized I get flooded with emails from all the threads I've posted in, so now I only "watch" the threads I start, since I read all the threads anyways. Smile

I also think it might help server load, if users only watched the topics they are really interested in. I was just thinking....How many emails does this server send out a day? It must be thousands, if not more. Shocked

I removed all the topics I didn't start, so that should cut down on the emails sent to my inbox, since most people don't reply to the threads I start! Wink

Author: PhiBerLocation: Your MBR PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:57 am    Post subject:
    ----
YAY!!!! I requested it Very Happy
Thanx Shaolin!

Author: Tom BairLocation: Portland, Oregon USA PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Rottz wrote:
This is great ST, I'm sure alot of users will appreciate it. Very Happy

I use to "watch" any topic I posted it, but then realized I get flooded with emails from all the threads I've posted in, so now I only "watch" the threads I start, since I read all the threads anyways. Smile

I also think it might help server load, if users only watched the topics they are really interested in. I was just thinking....How many emails does this server send out a day? It must be thousands, if not more. Shocked

I removed all the topics I didn't start, so that should cut down on the emails sent to my inbox, since most people don't reply to the threads I start! Wink

I didn't realize I was watching 527 topics until ST added this nice addition. I've since thinned it down to 51 topics, and may thin it further.

Networking/Security Forums -> News // Columns // Articles

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1