Best Vulnerability Database

Networking/Security Forums -> General Security Discussion

Author: bwilliams PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Best Vulnerability Database
    ----
Would everyone aggree that the most inclusive vul database is bugtraq?

If not what do other peope recommend?

Secondly anyone found a way to mirror bugtraq locally? I've tried wget -r 'ing the whole of securityfocus.com/bid but that failed miserably.

Bryn

Author: xlulux PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: yeah but still,
    ----
i cant help you about mirroring but i can say this. bugtraq is good, but nothing is great. if your looking at it from a black hatters point of view its alright but since everyone is updating they cant exploit the flaws. this shouldnt be a problem to the elite because they are the ones makeing the problems Smile from a white hatters point of view they are awsome at doing what they do best, letting evreyone on the planet know about the bad stuff how to fix it and why it happens. i think that alot of understanding how something works is WHY it works.

Author: Guest PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Vulnerability Database
    ----
bwilliams wrote:
Would everyone aggree that the most inclusive vul database is bugtraq?

If not what do other peope recommend?

Secondly anyone found a way to mirror bugtraq locally? I've tried wget -r 'ing the whole of securityfocus.com/bid but that failed miserably.

Bryn

I've made a simple shell-script for that, but it is still a work in progress and I attempt to make a perl-version of it with a bit more functionalities. Unfortunately time and energy is limited in my case so I don't have much time for personal stuff.

I never really tested it hardcore, just enough that it works Smile And the pages require a local web-server to be usable...

http://www.liquidinfo.net/chrome/index.html -> "script practice", if you are interested in it. Remember, using this script is your own responsibility, as it was only a practice script to get a bit hang on some shell-"programming".

Author: Yoshi PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject:
    ----
dead link ... ?

Rich

Author: uncletomLocation: Isle of Man PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:48 pm    Post subject:
    ----
Yoshi wrote:
dead link ... ?

Rich

It loaded fine for me, perhaps try again, or try another connection

Author: ShaolinTigerLocation: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:51 pm    Post subject:
    ----
uncletom wrote:

It loaded fine for me, perhaps try again, or try another connection

You must have the magic stick, I also get this:

Not Found

The requested URL /chrome/stuff/get_sfbid-0.6.tar.gz was not found on this server.

Author: Guest PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject:
    ----
The issue has been corrected, sorry again.

Networking/Security Forums -> General Security Discussion

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod, All times are GMT + 2 Hours

Page 1 of 1