• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Why wont SC-Keylog send me the logs?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Physical Security and Social Engineering

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voltekz
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Why wont SC-Keylog send me the logs? Reply with quote

Hmm.. I've been using SC-Keylog to KEYLOG my company computers and I was wondering why it hasnt been sending the logs to my email, so I tried creating multiple engines. After verifying that I was indeed typing the appropriate email, I clicked NEXT and tested a mail server. I noticed NONE of the mail servers had worked. Then, thinking all the previous mail servers were down, I ordered email accounts with mail servers for my company. I tried those emails and it still didn't work? I then noticed the "Advanced" button on the bottom right side of the form. I changed the outgoing email, into one of my emails and noticed why it didn't ask for a password/outgoing smpt etc. I ignored that issue and continued. I tried many servers over and over again and still NOTHING. I was wondering what am I doing wrong and how I can resolve this issue. Please email me, it's very important for my company and i've been doing many google searches etc. and stumbled on this website thinking I can get help. Thank you!

[If you can help me solve this issue, there might be a little cash reward]

Please email me at one of the following accounts:
Admin-at-Billing-Access.com
Cooper-at-Billing-Access.com

-Sam Vanloda
Mongrel
SF Mod
SF Mod

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you get mail server logs?
Do any of your mail servers report attempted connections
from any SC-Keylog computers?
voltekz
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: All I need is a SIMPLE KEYLOGGER. Reply with quote

Well.. I search for mail servers and four of them show up for hotmail (mx1, mx2, etc.) When I try testing them they DONT WORK but since my computer was on a LAN connection, I thought that was the problem. The SC-Keylogger works on the computers sometimes, most times it doesnt. I have one computer that was 100% functionable but after a couple weeks, it didnt work out of the blue. I tried sending the other lanned computers the same file that was on that computer, but still didnt work. It's weird because sometimes it sends to my email, sometimes it doesnt.. Most computers are exactly alike to. I even purchased more space on HOTMAIL because I thought that was the issue, but still, nothing. I really need some help, i've searched everywhere for a keylogger that is like SC-Keylog (sending logs by email and has a keylogger engine creator) because I need small files that are able to capture the computers keyboard and send it through email without the user knowing. The closest i've come to was FKS(Fearless Key Spy) and that sent the logs to a FTP which would also be fine but it didnt seem to work. I thought it was a hardware issue so I even went to a couple friends house and tried them there, but still nothing. I thought it might be a OS problem so I installed them BOTH on every OS (9x, Me, XP, 2000) but STILL NOTHING.

I hope I provided enough information, this issue has got me really "ticked-off." Please reply As Soon As Possible. Thanks.

-Sam Vanloda
xex2k
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hotmail servers havnt really worked for me either, but it sends it just fine on aol servers, maybe try using one of them to send it to your Hotmail address?
spruitekop
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using SC-KeyLog for a long time and i haven't got any problems. I have sent engines to lan users as well as internet users and they all give me the information that i want. Use an address of lycos.com or yahoo.com and you will receive mail from SC-KeyLog.
inuyasha
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried lycos but still doesn't work for me, either yahoo, i test all the yahoo server but none respose from server(NULL)

which one should I chose to send to my mail box ?
fsb
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need a valid smtp server to send the log files. If you are monitoring company computers, why don't you use your corporate mail server?

ie. exchange1.domain.local
inuyasha
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no I'm not I was using a free mail server but I forgot the name Sad It worked great, but after few months I stop doing this thing. I just forgot that free email address Sad
fsb
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The email address that you send the logs to is irrelevent.

The actual problem that you are having is with the smtp server being used.

The fact that hotmail or lycos, at one point, let you send mail is also a redundant fact. Nowadays because of spam they probably require smtp auth.

As a test why don't you telnet to port 25 of whatever server you want to use.

telnet smtp.server.com 25

Then use the smtp commands to send a test mail.
inuyasha
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can test it with SC-keylog as well, all I want is an Free Outgoing Mail Server
ryansutton
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try your ISP, most companies charge now for POP3 usage.
Hakuoni
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a corp. environment, using your iMail or Exchange SMTP servers is acceptable if the traffic is low and you can justify its' use.

Other than that, finding an open SMTP server to relay your mail for you is essentially telling the people who own the server "I wish to spam from your mailserver." Whether that's what you're up to or not, that's what they'll see it as. Very few open relays out there nowadays. Smile
inuyasha
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

um so u guys don't know any SMTP mail server available ?
theFAILURE
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to bump but:

I am having the exact problem.

I have tried over 10 different smpt server setting with different email addy's still nothing.

On each instance, I have turned the authentication feature on and off.

Is it becuase that i am behind a router that the 'test' fails?

If that is the case, if the file was sent to remote computers, will i get the log file in email even though i can not test because i am behind a router?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Physical Security and Social Engineering All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: