• RSS
  • Twitter
  • FaceBook

Security Forums

FAQ | Search | Usergroups | Profile | Register | RSS | Posting Guidelines | Recent Posts

Stay anonymous without proxies?

Users browsing this topic:0 Security Fans, 0 Stealth Security Fans
Registered Security Fans: None
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Anonymity // Privacy // Spam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ogdenlanger
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: Stay anonymous without proxies? Reply with quote

Ok,

I have to say first off this forum is amazing. I'm getting answers in almost real time. This group is great!

My question in this section is this:

My IP address horrible, it looks like this on GRC and PcFlank:

theactualtownthatIlivein.adelphia.net-14721-come-find-me-and-kill-my-whole-family-right-now-please

Sort of like that anyway. The point is anyone could do quite a bit with my IP address. So, the thing is I know that you can use anonymous proxies, but I pay for cable internet and do not want to slow my connection down to a grinding dial up halt.

The only other thing I can think of is to spoof my IP. But I hear mixed things about this....number one I can't find any info on how to do it. Number 2 I have seen at least one source that says you can't surf the internet like that. I think that is probably a BS detterent to keep people from doing it.

How do you fake your IP (non maliciously) I just want to surf like that.
I don't want to hack or use it to mess anyone up. I don't want to steal someone elses IP. I would be happy if it would log me as 192.168.2.1.

Thanks!
Nick
The_Real_Gandalf
Trusted SF Member
Trusted SF Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple program ...in a simple site...

www.multiproxy.org

There is a howto and some nice texts to help you on managing this s/w for your comp...
sim0n
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proxies usually will slow your connection...especially SOCKS proxies which allow you to use multiple protocols instead of just HTTP.

If you want to change your ip address, you can do it by changing your MAC address. However, this will not change the domain name format (i.e. theactualtownthatIlivein.adelphia.net-14721-come-find-me-and-kill-my-whole-family-right-now-please). It will only change the value of the address, specifically, the last octet and possibly the second to last octet. Say for example, if your IP was 80.32.150.4, it would become 80.32.150.48. So the location of the city in which you live would still appear in the domain name.

The problems with proxies is that, as stated, they slow your broadband connection, secondly, they aren't easy to find and test, and thridly, it's illegal to use one without the permission of the administrator, unless, of course the server is open for public use or you pay for the service.

Here is information regarding changing your MAC address:

http://www.klcconsulting.net/smac/

http://www.klcconsulting.net/Change_MAC_w98.htm
http://www.klcconsulting.net/Change_MAC_wnt.htm
http://slagheap.net/etherspoof/
White Scorpion
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and to add to it:

if you would spoof your ip to lets say 123.123.123.123 instead of 321.321.321.321 while you browse a site, you would make a request to open a page to the server, and that server would send the page back to your spoofed ip. that's why it is not possible to browse the internet like that, because you would never get a reply from the server since he doesn't know your real ip, ( he does not know where to send the page to);

the only option is using proxies....

here are 2 proxies i've got from a friend of mine, they are suppose to be quick, but don't know if they are really anonymous though ( this means that they keep a record of who is using their proxy) but this would only matter to you if you wanted to hack, not for just surfing Smile

192.115.106.236:3128
200.35.96.37:3128

the :3128 means that this is the port to connect to Smile
sim0n
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lepricaun wrote:

if you would spoof your ip to lets say 123.123.123.123 instead of 321.321.321.321 while you browse a site, you would make a request to open a page to the server, and that server would send the page back to your spoofed ip. that's why it is not possible to browse the internet like that, because you would never get a reply from the server since he doesn't know your real ip, ( he does not know where to send the page to);

What you're thinking about is modifying the outgoing headers. If you spoof your mac address instead, the dhcp server will assign you a new ip address. You won't have any problems with this unless someone else on the same segment as you has the mac address that you created. That's highly unlikely though.
White Scorpion
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, your right, but that wouldn't help since the computername which is available via the ip reveals all kinds of important info.
changing your mac would not solve the problem this guy has.
Rat~~~
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Multiproxy is a no go Reply with quote

Hey All. I tried to get Multiproxy to work without any luck. The browser would just sit there spinning its wheels and going nowhere. I must be doing something wrong. Any hints on a setup that works?? Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
scoots_mcgregor
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Another way is to Tunnel with Safe Passage Reply with quote

Another way (new) is to tunnel your traffic (all protocols) via SSH with Safe Passage ( http://vastrange.com ). Pick any SSH server you choose, then connect to it with Safe Passage and you are all set.

I've been using it for months and it's not noticably slower (the SSH server I connect to is not that far from my home < 400 miles)
AnonViper
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*deleted*

Last edited by AnonViper on Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Crazy
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard

Quote:
SMAC is a powerful, yet an easy-to-use and intuitive Windows MAC Address Modifying Utility. SMAC allows users to change MAC address for any Network Interface Cards (NIC) on the Windows 2000, XP, and 2003 Server systems, regardless of whether the manufacturers allow this option or not

http://www.klcconsulting.net/smac

will test it
ProxyNation
Just Arrived
Just Arrived

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This look's good. The AMac tool.

Quote:
Change your Mac Address in seconds! Scan Mac Address within any range of IP address. Exports the scanning results from a Mac Address Lookup list. Change the Mac Address of your network card to any new Mac Address.

Download it here

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer-friendly version    Networking/Security Forums Index -> Anonymity // Privacy // Spam All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: